18 Rebuild an HD CV carburator and float adjustment
Custom Cez rebuilds a Harley Davidson CV Carburetor.
In this episode we tackle the rebuild process of a Harley Davidson CV carburetor utilizing a standard rebuild kit. Ideal for restoration jobs.
From cleaning the carburetor to replacing the o-rings, checking the diaphragm and slide to explaining the theory behind the float adjustment. We are also building a simple tool to keep the carburetor at 15 degrees for the float measurement.
What did we do:
- carburetor disassemble from motorcycle
- disassemble of diaphragm, spring and slide (vacuum piston)
- diaphragm replacement
- check diaphragm for damage
- slide cleaning and finish
- o-ring and gasket replacement
- bowl and diaphragm disassemble
- jets cleaning
- float disassemble
- fuel valve replacement
- float adjustment
- carburetor assembly